How it works
Formli supports URL parameters, also known as UTM codes, as a way to track conversions.
URL parameters are snippets of text added to the end of a URL to track where website traffic comes and helps marketers measure success using various metrics.
👉 For more information on URL parameters:https://help.instapage.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005969527-Passing-UTM-parameters-from-the-URL-to-a-hidden-field
A simple tool to build your URLs with UTM codes:https://ga-dev-tools.web.app/campaign-url-builder/
To successfully track conversions using UTM parameters in Formli:
- Build your URLs with UTM codes using external tools
- Set up the hidden fields on the relevant Formlis
- Include the specific URLs on each channel, campaign, or ad
👉 This article assumes that you have already made a Formli. For more information on how to make your first Formli, see here
Step 1 - Go to hidden fields in Formli settings
1. Go to your Formli and click More
2. Select Edit Settings
3. Select Hidden Fields
Step 2 - Add the URL parameters
1. Add your URL parameter into the text box. You can also create your own fields—the system will start tracking these fields when a user views your Formli.
2. To add more URL parameters, click + Add Parameter
3. When you've added them all, click Save Changes
Step 3 - Verify URL parameters:
1. View the Formli
2. Open the Formli link, making sure it has the URL parameters. Or, fill out the information using this link, then copy and paste the URL in a new tab.
3. After filling out the Formli, go to …More, then Export responses
4. Go google sheets. You should now see hidden fields.